Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Past-Future.

The past two years I've found it hard to plan for the future.  There's always this lingering question of "what if I'm pregnant."  Every time we went to plan a vacation we would ask that question.  When we bought tickets to some event we asked that question. 

Here's an example.  In December 2011 we learned about a beer festival going on near our house the following May.  We are both big fans of beer and this festival was guaranteed to sell out.  So we wanted to buy tickets- but then we asked, "what if we're pregnant." I almost always respond with something like "well, that is so far out, I'll for sure be pregnant by then."  We bought two tickets figuring my husband would have to go with someone else.  Turns out, he didn't, I wasn't pregnant.

This has happened time and time again.  I'm in the process of it now.  We're going to Las Vegas with some friends in August.  I'm really looking forward to the trip, but I hesitated a lot, because "of course I'll be pregnant then."  But there's a good chance I won't be.

This whole process has made planning more difficult- although everything we go through is worth it in the end if we get a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment