Thursday, May 10, 2012

Baking.

As you know from my previous posts I am in the midst of the two week wait.  On the suggestion of a kind reader, I figured I needed to start some sort of project.  So I bought a cook book.  Not just any cook book, but a beautiful book on cake.  It is very complex but the recipes are from a cafe around here, and their cakes are TO DIE FOR.  The cakes are very labor intensive, and generally recommended for pastry chefs, but I'm up for the challenge. 

Baking has been a love of my life since I was a kid.  There is something soothing in the measuring of flour, vanilla, eggs, etc.  You can tell I'm stressed when I've whipped up three cakes in a night.  I'm not half bad either- but I'd like to get better.

The book will arrive tomorrow (thank you Amazon Prime!).  I will bake something next week (yes, technically outside of the two week wait).  I figure the cake will be a "yay! we're happy we're pregnant!" or a "well, at least I can eat this delicious cake and have some champagne with it since I'm not pregnant." I promise either way to post pictures (assuming I can figure out how to do that).

I apologize for the late post.  I had to get up SUPER early this morning- all because of my job.  I'm an attorney, so I often have to travel to far away places.  This morning was one of those days- up and out by 4:00 a.m. to be in court by 8:30 a.m.  I didn't get back into the office until 2:30 p.m., but this was the first place I came, I promise.

1 comment:

  1. Look forward to seeing your efforts!! I made some myself over the weekend, not pretty or dainty but bloody yummy!!

    ReplyDelete